Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mohonk Mountain House

Last week the Mohonk Mountain House had "Community Week". Mohonk is an old hotel outside of New Paltz and all of the locals had been telling me that I should go visit in the Spring. However, typically you have to pay to get onto the property; something in the ballpark of $15 per person...not per car...per person. I understand the charge; they need to have something in place in order to maintain the lawns and gardens on the property and make sure it is not overrun with tourists.

Anyhow, a few weeks a year they open the property to the community, which means that you can walk around the property free of charge. Considering the fact that I probably ran into 30 people max (including the hotel staff) I don't think it is any coincidence that community weeks likely occur at the least desirable times of the year; half of the grounds were closed for one reason or another so I only really saw the bare bones of the place, but I'm not about to turn away a free opportunity.

Therefore what follows is what I shot while walking around. I'll have to suck it up, fork over the $30 bucks and bring Dan along to see the gardens in the Spring because I'm sure that it's lovely.

.



























































No comments:

Post a Comment